Mussman's Family and Consumer Science

This is a forum to talk about my high school Family and Consumer Science classroom.

Friday, April 28, 2006

It's Friday

My students just spent the last three days participating in the Love is not abuse curriculum. I hope that this meager attempt to educate teens about teen dating violence works to break the cycle of violence. Please feel free to use the following link to find out more about the curriculum or to get more information. http://www.loveisnotabuse.com/ I worry that many of the students think that this could never happen to them while at the same time they make comments about the abuse that their partners give to them now. I am going to get the book Breathing Underwater to have in my classroom as yet another tool. Next week we will be back to the three different preps. I have to admit that I too am looking forward to having them cook and finish the sewing projects.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home